This is just some of the research available from The University of Auckland through UniServices.
Talk to us so we can pull together the right team of researchers for your project.
- 3d multi-media - Intelligent Vision System research team – a leader in advanced low cost computational 3D vision solutions
Developing intelligent vision systems to detect, classify, or retrieve natural 3D objects under varying imaging conditions and operating environments is one of the most challenging artificial intelligence and computer vision problems having considerable practical interest.
In particular, computer stereo vision can serve as an important tool in photogrammetry, cartography, civil engineering, mining, forensics, archaeology, biometrics, autonomous navigation, augmented reality, game industry, special movie effects, etc. Many applications in strong demand (e.g. security checks by face recognition, or terrain changes detection) require fast and accurate responses. We are developing efficient solutions for various application problems that need real-time or near real-time modelling of close-range 3D environment.
Our current applications
• Rapid prototyping of indoor and outdoor 3D scene and
• 3D modelling and animation of faces
• Web-based 3D computer vision
• 2D and 3D face recognition
• Real-time visualisation of 3D scenes